To Saarbrücken by plane
Saarbrücken-Ensheim airport is located approximately 15 km from Saarbrücken city centre.
There are scheduled flights to Berlin, Hamburg, Leipzig, Munich and Luxembourg.
From the airport you can take a taxi to Saarbrücken. The travel time is about 20 minutes and the price should be about 25 Euro. You can take the bus as well which usually takes about 30 minutes and costs 2.40EUR. Take line R10 to the center (about one bus per hour). For exact times use the VGS Route Planner.
Other airports in the region:
- Luxemburg: 100 km, daily bus shuttle from main train station,
- Frankfurt/Main: 170 km, extensive national rail service
- Frankfurt/Hahn: 110 km (daily bus shuttle service to Frankfurt Hahn train station and Idar Oberstein train station, continuing the journey by train)
- Zweibrücken: 50 km (daily bus shuttle service from main train station, number 199)
To Saarbrücken by train
Book a train to Saarbrücken Central Station (German: Hauptbahnhof):
- From the north via Koblenz/Trier.
- From the east via Mannheim or via Karlsruhe.
- From the west via Metz and from the south via Strasbourg.
For more information, use the website of the Deutsche Bahn AG (German Railways):